Friday 13 April 2012

Leftover Lamb Flatbread

This has to be the ULTIMATE of all left-over’s recipes. What’s more, it is pretty damn healthy! It is the perfect combination of simple flavours and how a little bit of home-cooking can go a long way.


My idea for this recipe came after having yet another lamb roast. My family absolutely love roast dinners, but to be honest, I can take them or leave them! I like the veg, I like the gravy, I like roast meat but as a meal they just don’t do anything for me. My favourite thing about roasts however are the next day’s meals made with the leftovers. I love cooking beef curries, chicken supreme and bubble and squeak – delicious dishes that can be made from what I think is a rather average meal.

So, when dad got another leg of lamb out of the fridge for Easter Day, I decided I had to come up with something new to do with the leftovers. Lamb for me, screams Greek! You can’t beat BBQ’d Lamb Souvlaki wrapped in a pita with tatziki on a beach in Greece, 40 degree heat, and crystal clear waters lapping at your feet! I’ve had many a lovely holiday like this and that was my inspiration for this dish.

Essentially it’s a low fat kebab with homemade flat bread, lean roasted meat with salad and mint yogurt. It’s so tasty and entirely guilt free!



What’s even better is that you don’t need any fancy Greek ingredients! Some flour, water, lettuce, cucumber, red onion, fat free yogurt and your leftover lamb and mint sauce from the day before are all you need! 

So why not give it a go after your roast next weekend!










@Verygoodrecipes.com: Greek, Cucumber, Flatbread, Lamb, Tatziki, Greek yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...