Tuesday 24 January 2012

Celebrate Chinese New Year with Sesame Chicken and Green Beans with Egg Fried Rice


Happy Chinese New Year!...Still! only another 14 days of celebrating to go! Though I'm afraid this will be the last Chinese themed post from me in a while!

Though, I am proud to say that this dish is perhaps one of the tastiest Chinese dishes I have ever tasted. It's my interpretation of the sesame chicken at The Regent Cottage (a lovely restaurant I'm sure you're all tired of hearing about!)

If you want something that is really vibrant and fresh - no where near as stodgy as a deep fried spring roll, then this is the dish for you! I highly recommend that you serve it with my Egg Fried Rice too! (And I think you will find this recipe a little lighter on the waistline than most!)




Sesame Chicken with Green Beans

You may be thinking that french green beans are as far from authentic Chinese cuisine as you can get - so, if you have an oriental food store near you, see if you can get your hands on some snake beans (very similar to the green bean just much longer) and chuck them in instead! For the rest of you, trust me, green beans do just fine!




Egg Fried Rice


@Verygoodrecipes.com: Chinese, Oriental, Chicken, Sesame, Green beans, Snake beans

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...