Wednesday 21 September 2011

Aubergine and Pesto Bake


I learnt an interesting fact today while my dinner sat in the oven, the delicious smell of aubergine, tomato and pesto wafting through to my lounge – aubergines (also known as eggplant in America), are NOT a vegetable, in fact they are a berry!


People are often unsure of what to do with aubergines as they are notorious for acting as a sponge, and soaking up lots of oil making dishes with them in quite fatty. In this recipe however, the aubergines merely soak up the juices of the pesto and tomato making for a really flavoursome dish!


Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great recipe :) I absolutely adore pesto but I've so far limited myself to eating it with pasta and paninis, tehe.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend m'dear!
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...